Sunday, February 22, 2015

Finally heading out

I'm 10 days in and the sidetrips have finally ended. From arriving at Changi airport, I have already traversed through 2 countries, visiting 7 cities and villages and spending at least 17 hours just sitting in a bus. All sorts of adventures have already taken place and my emotions have also already cycled from exhilaration to depression. I'm currently taking a 1-day break from travelling to hopefully get some work done and to rest my worn out left knee before I get on that bus to Penang.

Tomorrow will be the start of my real adventure, the reason why I went to Malaysia in the first place. I will be heading out to a small fishing village at the outskirts of Georgetown in Penang Island where I will be helping out with a small organization taking care of stray cats. The idea sounds ultimately unattractive and un-grounded. I know. But to hell with logic and security. Now's not the time for that.

Although I don't sound like it, I really am scared. I'm just not thinking about it at the moment. I will be expecting beyond discomfort and will be hoping for ample courage just to get through the first day. No other way but through it, lah!

One last look at the city before heading out. Taken by Marlowe Apeles.