Wednesday, February 11, 2015

T minus Thursday

It's already one hour into Thursday, which means I technically only have one day to go before my adventure begins and I am so not yet ready.

Although I have long decided to pursue this trip, I have also always had mixed emotions about it. My feelings would cycle from fear to excitement to indifference and back to fear again. And it is because of this that I keep on procrastinating on planning for the trip. I still don't have a return ticket (which I might need for immigration control). I still don't know how to get to Penang (which is the most significant point of this trip). I still am not decided whether to get trekking sandals or not (which I now have the funds to but maybe not the time to). And I still haven't printed out my travel documents (which I definitely cannot leave without).

One day to go and still so many to take care of. I know everything will work out before my 5am flight on Friday but I need to also decide on a mindset for this trip. I need to get that fear out and completely replace it with enthusiasm or else I may have just wasted 2 months worth of salary and the opportunity to uncover my dream. I don't know exactly what I'm fearful of so I guess I tend to ignore it and be indifferent instead.

Anyway, I WILL push through and I WILL overcome this cautious heart. So please stay tuned for my awesome account of my awesome adventures!

Cheers!

PS: A heaping thanks to my senior colleague for inviting me to her wedding in Singapore. If not for her invite, I wouldn't have a legit reason to go out of the country, or anywhere for that matter, thus lowering the possibility of travelling.